I think this is one of the most beautiful pieces I’ve written yet for solo guitar. It feels like a prelude that both foretells and sets the stage for a major life journey. You can hear water all the way through it. It starts very freely, with a dramatic melody in octaves, alternating with rubato, wave-like arpeggios. When the arpeggios become more steady and flowing, the melody begins to tell its tale of the journey to come, avoiding rocks and rapids where it can….
- Classical Guitar Tips Video 10: And Last, but not Usually First….Warming Up
- Classical Guitar Tips Video 9: What The @#$% to Do About Your #$%&ing Mistakes!
- Classical Guitar Tips Video 8: Bouncing Hand Syndrome
- Classical Guitar Tips Video 7: Shifting Cleanly
- Classical Guitar Tips Video 6: Do I Really Have to Breathe While I Play Classical Guitar?