This is the lessons option for you if you have limited time to practice, an unpredictable schedule, and want to make all of your time count. A lot of guitar lovers have full lives, full time jobs, kids who distract them, spouses who get jealous of their time with the instrument, ….and a whole plethora of other demands that get in the way of just sitting down to play and enjoy getting better at your chosen instrument. You might not feel you have enough time to practice or even have the time to schedule regular lessons, but why not make the very best of the time you do have, rather than fritter it away without making any headway in your guitar skills?
Amateur with an edge lessons can be scheduled once a month, twice a month, or even sporadically. Because I have a busy schedule just like you, it is harder for me to fit in flexible lessons, hence the slightly higher price.
Amateur with an Edge lessons are also ideal for rock, folk, and popular style guitarists who want to learn some classical technique, pick up some classical repertoire and learn the concepts. If any of these frustrations apply to you whenever you sit down to play, contact me , or simply buy a lesson and we’ll get the process started:
- not knowing where to start after being away from the instrument for a long time
- playing the same pieces over and over (maybe for years) and barely noticing any new progress
- knowing you have some bad habits but don’t know what to do about them
- never knowing what the next step, the next level, the next way to inspire yourself is—feeling stuck at the same level and wishing you weren’t
- being overwhelmed and confused by all the suggestions and tips that you read in method books, instruction manuals, or on the web
- scattered concentration while practicing and not knowing what the best way is to spend your time while practicing
- feeling a lack of inspiration to practice and wishing you could find it again–or perhaps you’re inspired by a favorite guitar player and acutely conscious of how much you don’t sound like them
- wishing you could play confidently for others and not knowing how
- wishing you could figure out some classical technique and how it was different from rock/acoustic/fingerpicking/popular style guitar technique
- wishing for a bit of the high level classical infusion into your already hip popular guitar stylings
- We’ll get right to work, quickly finding a strategy to cover all the bases, and set you up with the knowledge and strategies and inspiration you need to get your practice in and really enjoy it and get better.
- I’ll get started by assessing your strengths and weaknesses as a player, and working out what you need to work on—what your most pressing and inspiring goals are, and how to reach them.
- I’ll start you off on some new, inspiring repertoire that will be just the right level of difficulty to challenge you without frustrating you.
- I’ll also show you how to breathe new life into your current repertoire.
- And I’ll show you how to practice, including how to practice technical exercises for any skill set you’ve decided to address. We’ll work on finding a balance in your limited practice time that will enable you to grow technically, musically.
- In and among all this we’ll deal with any blocks that get in the way of developing a sense of flow when you play. Enjoyment plus challenge leads to flow, and flow leads to ever-increasing mastery.
NOTE on a special bargain: Amateur With an Edge-PLUS Lessons are One and A Half Hours long The extra half hour gives us the time we need to talk about what you’ve been practicing and what your goals will be, making sure you’ve got it covered for the longer times in between lessons. Then we can be sure to also have plenty of time to work on your repertoire, interpretation, and current technical challenges.